The Pink Phoenix Mocktail is here to bless your life!!!
As I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed my tolerance for alcohol has definitely diminished. I remember being younger, partying all night, and still going to 8am classes with no problem. Now I have a few drinks, and my body feels rundown for a couple days. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am not one of those health conscious vegans. I definitely want to enjoy everything that goes into my body. I just don’t want to feel busted for days after.
I have been enjoying cannabis for many years. I tend to micro-dose throughout the day. Usually with homemade edibles. A couple years ago I tried CBD and fell in love with it. I love the way it makes me feel, without making me high or drunk. So I started incorporating it into my daily routine. And then I started experimenting with it in my drinks. And that propelled me into the world of mocktails.
If you’re not familiar with the term, a mocktail is a cocktail without the alcohol. I know what you’re thinking! Isn’t that just a glass of juice or soda? Well I suppose it could be. But to me a mocktail should be crafted the same way an experienced mixologist would craft a cocktail. Different flavor profiles should be mixed and layered till you get an entirely new creation that satisfies your wants and needs. If you think about it, the flavors that make many cocktails popular, come from the nonalcoholic components. Adding CBD to mocktails really elevates them to a whole new level.
On a side note, beverages are often over looked in Kitchen Witchery. You can definitely infuse a lot of energy and intentions into your beverages. You can also include specific herbs if your spell work calls for that.
When I started working with Tarot CBD, I knew I would love incorporating their blends into my recipes. I used the Vibrance blend for this recipe, but you can try it with one of the other blends to come up with a totally new flavor profile. You can scope it out here (affiliate link). It’s an incredible mix of CBD with rose and elderberry.
I call this mocktail The Pink Phoenix. It’s rejuvenating, invigorating, and comforting all at once. The CBD is layered between the drink and Nata Cream (Nata Recipe Here), as well as being mixed into the nata. I like to think of the flavor profile as what an Orange Julius would have become if it had become a scholar, traveled the world, gotten married, divorced, and really went through an inner journey of self discovery. It knows itself. And now you get to experience life with them.
The Pink Phoenix
- 2oz Hibiscus-Rose tea concentrate chilled
- 2oz Fresh squeezed Pink Grapefruit Juice (no pulp)
- 1/2oz Agave or Date Syrup
- Tarot CBD Vibrance Blend
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, tea, juice, and syrup.
- Shake and strain into a glass. There will be a layer of pink foam on top.
- Layer a full dropper of Tarot CBD Vibrance blend on top of the foam.
- Blend some prepared Nata with another full dropper of the Vibrance blend.
- Pour the Nata on top of the mocktail.
- Garnish it! I used a brûlée pink grapefruit slice and three dried rose buds.
- Now enjoy this elevated Mocktail!
- I use a milkshake mixer to make my Nata, and to whip it up for layering on the drink. You could also use a handheld milk frother. Sometimes adding a single ice cube while whipping it, will give you a lighter texture.
- The garnish is of course not necessary, but I find garnishes are like that perfect accessory to an outfit. It works without it, but you feel better with it.