What do I use to cleanse?
I always see a lot of people claiming you can only cleanse a space with sage or palo santo. These are both great options! But there are so many more choices for you.
Growing up, my family used incense and agua florida the most. And I have continued to use agua florida in my adult life.
You might not be familiar with agua florida, or florida water in english, but it’s a common tool you can buy in most botanicas, occult shops, and in some cities, even in drug stores or places like Walmart. It’s an alcohol based perfume that’s blended with different floral and fruit notes. It has a very calming and distinct fragrance. It’s frequently used in Sateria and Voodoo practices, as well as others. It is amazing for purifications of rooms or even yourself. I regularly rub it on my hands, chest, and neck.
Here are some ways you can incorporate it into your life:
- Add it to your house cleaning supplies. I regularly spray some onto surfaces I am wiping down. I also add some to my mop bucket to help cleanse my floors.
- You can use it to help keep negative energy out of your home. I sprinkle a small amount at my windows and doors at least once a week.
- Use it to wipe down and cleanse your ritual tools. But be careful! Agua Florida is alcohol based and very flammable!
- Add to a spray bottle and mist around a room or space that you want to cleanse. I do this daily! Or you could go old school and shake the liquid from the bottle all around your house. This is how my family still does it. But you go through a bottle a lot faster!
- Use it on your skin to cleanse your energy. As I said above, I regularly rub it on my hands, chest and neck. Of course check for sensitivity before applying anything to your skin. It has a very calming effect on me. And it makes me feel like negative energy is being washed away. More so than any other cleansing tool I’ve used.
- You can also keep some in a small perfume bottle for when you leave the house. Use it before and after meetings. Or for when you just need to refresh your energy.
There are of course a lot of other options out there. But this is one that I regularly rely on. Let me know if you’ve tried it, and in what ways you use it.
If your posting about it on insta, tag me so I can see! I’d love to see more people spread awareness of this cleansing tool.